Glam mom: Malaika Arora Khan


Item number queen, yummy mummy, small screen diva and now about to be a big screen scorcher too.


All these perhaps just about sum up Malaika Arora Khan's many faces which she lives with everyday. From dancing on a train-top to ribbon-cutting and judging reality dance show to anchoring a musical show on television, there's never been a dull moment in this sexy 30-something's life.

Ask her why is she anchoring a TV show at this stage of her career, when she's also making that all important move to 35 mm, and that charismatic laugh follows the predictable answer, "But I haven't ever done something like this before and I thought anchoring a musical show would be a great experience and it is."

After having said no to full-fledged lead roles in films, what has finally made Malaika take her Bollywood bow now of all times (in Suniel Shetty's EMI)? "Well, it was the next step and the most obvious one. I take up only challenging work even if it means choosing the right kind of songs, something that I did with Mahi ve in Kaante. I never gyrate to raunchy numbers. And I thought EMI was the kind of launch pad I needed," she says.

A trained dancer in jazz, ballet and kathak, Malaika, often called Ms Twinkle Toes, has always looked up to step-mom-in-law Helen for inspiration. "Helen aunty has been a tremendous inspiration. She's a brilliant dancer. It feels great to be related to her by marriage."

Hers is also a face that's endorsing several brands. Does she ever judge the merit of a product she's endorsing? She comes out with a candid, "Agreed, what works for me might not work for the next person. I am aware of the kind of products I endorse and know they will enhance my image. Money is important, but I'll never lend my name to a product I wouldn't use myself."

Being a glam mom and wife, looking good and staying in perfect shape has been important for her. And she confesses that she never ever "misses workouts. My workouts vary from weight training to surya namaskars, pilates and jogging. I do not get my body used to the same kind of exercise everyday. The entire focus of my workout is on strength building. I also eat sensibly and I don't smoke and drink. I never eat fried food or snack. If you follow these strict rules, you can never go wrong."

And now for that oft repeated clichéd question we must ask. Is hubby Arbaaz ever insecure or uncomfortable about her super successful sexy image? Malaika gushes, "He didn't marry me for my looks only, he married the person. I have never given him a reason to feel insecure. I think the credit should go to both of us for making our relationship so secure and solid."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com